The Department of Preparatory Studies provides opportunities to improve proficiency in mathematics, reading, and writing. Upon completion of the sequence of courses, students will be better prepared to succeed in college-level classes. Students in the Department of Preparatory Studies learn more than just content; they learn study skills, test taking skills, time management skills, and note-taking skills that will support them throughout their academic tenure. While all students can take advantage of the services provided by the Department of Preparatory Studies, students who do not meet Texas Success Initiative standards must enroll in requisite Preparatory Studies courses as determined by an advisor. Preparatory Studies learning objectives are determined by Texas College and Career Readiness Standards.
Miller Administration Building
- Roberta Collinsworth - Mathematics/Preparatory Studies
- Marie Graham - Mathematics/Preparatory Studies
- Haylie Handley - English/Humanities/Preparatory Studies
- Chasity Klingler - Mathematics/Preparatory Studies
- Tamra Mothershed - English/Preparatory Studies
- Jaynellen Wylie - English/Preparatory Studies
- Emily Zabcik - Mathematics/Preparatory Studies
The purpose of the Department of College Preparatory Studies is to meet the needs of underprepared students at Panola College by providing opportunities to improve proficiency in mathematics, reading, and writing, and to develop skills necessary for success in postsecondary education.
- Provide an appropriate environment for learning.
- Improve student persistence and academic proficiency.
- Provide students with instruction in developmental coursework that is aligned with the Texas College and Career Readiness Standards.
- Support student participation and engagement in the learning process.