The computer industry is one of the largest and fastest-growing in the world. The rapid spread of computer-based technologies requires skilled technicians wherever there are computers:
- Businesses of all kinds and sizes
- Government agencies
- Nonprofit organizations
- Schools and universities
- Hospitals and health care facilities
- Homes and home-based businesses
The Computer Information Technology (CIT) program prepares you for today’s constantly changing workplace with four separate career paths, each offering skill-specific awards. Based on the skill sets you build, you’ll have a wide variety of options in a competitive job market.
Dean, Arts, Sciences & Technology
Carthage, Texas 75633
Areas of Study
- Computer Information Technology, Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Microcomputer Software Operator, Certificate
- Microcomputer Support Specialist, Certificate
- Personal Computer Technical Support, Certificate
- Digital Media Design and Development, Certificate
The Department of Computer Information Technology at Panola College is dedicated to providing an excellent education in the areas of computer science and information technology. This mission is accomplished by offering an Associate of Applied Science degree in Computer Information Technology as well as the following certificates: Microcomputer Software Operator, Microcomputer Support Specialist, Personal Computer Technical Support, and Digital Media Design and Development.
The Department of Computer Information Technology provides students with both entry and advanced computer skills and a continued path of education to meet current and future job responsibilities. Computer information systems offer high-quality instruction in current networking technology, current generation hardware, and state-of-the-art software in several specialization options.