The School of Professional & Technical Programs will prepare students with the ability to think critically and develop skills in a technical field through high-quality education and collaborative project-based learning. Students will also reflect the mission of lifelong learning through continuing their education formally at other colleges or universities or by making use of our many courses which embed industrial certifications. Graduates will serve their industry and community by applying their knowledge to respond to future advances and changes in technology, with an appreciation of the diverse and global society in which they live.
Merle Glass Building
Carthage, Texas 75633
Dr. Sherlynn Hall
Merle Glass Building
Carthage, Texas 75633
The mission of the School of Professional & Technical Program is to provide a broad education for those seeking transfer to a university, employment, advancement, and/or training in technical occupations by offering courses, professional certificates, technical certificates, associate of science and associate of applied science degrees.
Professional & Technical Programs
Department of Business
- Accounting (Certificate, OSA)
- Administrative Assistant (Certificate)
- Business Administration and Management Field of Study (AS)
- Business Management (OSA)
- Document Production (OSA)
- General Business (AAS, Certificate)
- General Office (Certificate)
- Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce (OSA)
- Marketing (OSA)
- Microsoft Office (OSA)
- Office Management (Certificate,OSA)
- Office Professional (AAS)
- Small Business Management (Certificate)
Department of Computer Information Technology
- Computer Information Systems Security Analyst (AAS)
- Computer Information Systems Support Specialist (Certificate)
- Computer Information Technology (AAS)
- Digital Forensic Specialist (Advanced Technical Certificate)
- Digital Media Design & Development (Certificate)
- Microsoft Operator (Certificate)
- Microsoft Support Specialists (Certificate)
- Personal Computer Tech Support (Certificate)
Department of Cosmetology
- Operator (Certificate)
- Nail Technology (Certificate)
The School of Energy
Panola College was approved to offer the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Petroleum Technology beginning Fall 2007. This has allowed Panola College to be in the forefront of training students in the oil and gas industry. As technology continues to shape and influence the growth of the energy sector, companies are constantly in need of educated workers who can step in on day one. Graduates from the School of Energy have a clear understanding of today’s skill set in the industry and are able to be competitive in today’s workforce. The School of Energy prepares students for careers in high-value industries with a robust job demand. Degrees and certificates in the School of Energy feature a rigorous, Common Core-aligned academic curriculum developed in collaboration with various industry-leading employers. Through each partnership, students gain real-world work experience through internships in areas connected to their classroom studies.
Within two years, students graduate with a Panola College associate degree in Petroleum Technology, Electrical & Instrumentation, or Natural Gas Compression and a set of employer-identified, industry-valued credentials indicating skills mastery. College and career ready, students who complete the program are equipped either to enter their chosen field with a higher education degree or to continue toward a bachelor’s degree.
The educational transformation taking part at Panola College in the School of Energy is inspirational; it’s this type of dedication and innovation that will help groom tomorrow’s successful innovators, employees, and leaders. There’s a real need in the United States to graduate more students who are effectively skilled and prepared to succeed in a globally competitive workforce. The fact that these students will gain skills unmatched by their competitors by the time they graduate is remarkable.
Shelby Regional Training Center
Center, Texas 75935
Areas of Study
- Department of Agriculture & Natural Resources
- Ranch & Land Management
- Department of Energy
- Electrical & Instrumentation
- Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning
- Maintenance Technician
- Natural Gas Compression
- Petroleum Technology
- Residential/Commercial Electrician
- Department of Welding Technology
The energy sector is a broad ranging and diverse sector of employment. Highly skilled individuals are required to fill these jobs with hands on knowledge of the specialized equipment and tools needed in this field.
From HVAC, electricians, mechanics, natural gas compression, petroleum, E&I technicians, maintenance workers, and agriculture the fields of study are robust with opportunities in every aspect from the companies that own the assets to the contractors that provide services for these companies.
This industry has excellent starting pay scales with rapid growth potential and excellent job placement rate with a wide range of fields to choose from.
The goal of the School of Energy is to provide students with this specialized training, to obtain the skill necessary to be competitive in the Energy sector, and to encourage a safety-oriented mindset at all times.
School of Energy Objectives
- To provide a curriculum built on core curriculum and hands on training needed by industry
- To produce graduates the skills to enter the job market
- To create a strong and aggressive internship and job placement program
- To employ faculty with the highest degrees or skills set to teach students
- To offer high-quality and extensive lab facilities and equipment that enhance the learning experience and provide students the hands-on practice.
- To prepare graduates to be effective employees from day one.
- To prepare students if they prepare to transfer to a university to complete an advanced degree
Go to information for Business.
Administrative Assistant, Certificate
Business Management, OSA
Document Production, OSA
General Business, Certificate
General Office, Certificate
Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce, OSA
Microsoft Office, OSA
Office Management Certificate
Office Management, OSA
Small Business Management Certificate
Computer Informational Technology
Go to information for Computer Informational Technology.
Go to information for Cosmetology.
Agriculture and Natural Resources
Go to information for Agriculture and Natural Resources.
Go to information for Energy.
Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning, Certificate
Maintenance Technician, Certificate 1
Maintenance Technician, Certificate 2
Natural Gas Compression, Certificate 1
Natural Gas Compression, Certificate 2
Petroleum Technology, Certificate 1
Petroleum Technology, Certificate 2
Residential/Commercial Electrician, Certificate
Go to information for Welding.